Looking for more ways to save energy during the summer cooling season? Check out these tips to keep your building running efficiently and keep occupants comfortable:
- Keep programmable thermostats set to turn air conditioning on 30 minutes before people arrive and off 30 to 60 minutes before they leave. Make sure your system is operating within the building policy set points.
- Shade windows, doors and skylights with awnings, sunscreens and blinds.
- Shut off exhaust fans when the rooms they serve are unoccupied unless health codes require constant ventilation.
- Turn off air conditioning when not needed.
- If you are in a mild climate and your building has an automation system, consider cooling the building at night with outside air. This strategy lowers the temperature of the overall building mass, resulting in a smaller cooling load during the day.
Find out more about building scheduling at http://betterbricks.com/system-diagnostic-toolss/equipment-operates-during-unoccupied-hours
Brought to you by BOC® – Building Operator Certification
Energy Efficiency through Operator Training