The Smart Buildings Center is designed as a place to serve those in the energy efficiency and smart buildings industries, providing a resource for these communities to convene, exchange ideas, and improve the building stock in the Pacific Northwest. While the current public health situation required limited operations in recent months, we are excited to announce our current plans to reopen our space and Tool Lending Library with the health and wellbeing of our stakeholders and staff front of mind.
In adhering to the COVID-19 response policy issued by Washington Governor Jay Inslee, the Smart Buildings Center is operating with recommended precautions in place.
- Appropriate masks, covering nose and mouth, are required in the Smart Buildings Center and Pacific Tower and masks are not available on site. Please bring your own mask/face covering.
- To limit crowding at entries and exits, the Pacific Tower is limiting entry to the building from the south side of the building; exit is to the north side of the building.
Guidelines for use of Smart Buildings Center’s meeting spaces:
- Masks are required in all areas of the Smart Buildings Center and the Pacific Tower.
- Training and Event Space will hold no more than 15 individuals and the Large Conference Room can hold up to 6 people. This capacity is set to ensure adequate physical distancing of 6 feet between occupants.
- Reservations must be submitted within 7 calendar days of the requested event date.
- To ensure adequate time for cleaning of spaces, both rooms are only available for use on Mondays & Thursdays.
- Staff of the SBC continue to work remotely as recommended by local health guidelines. Check ins and check outs will be conducted by phone and virtual tech support is available.
- All parties will be responsible for properly sanitizing the environment before and after event. The SBC will provide cleaning supplies.
- Organizations using our space are asked to sign a waiver releasing the Smart Buildings Center of liability.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Guidelines for use of Smart Buildings Center’s Tool Lending Library:
The Tool Lending Library is open for reservations and we are excited to serve our stakeholders with this service.
Tools may be picked up or dropped off at the Smart Buildings Center by appointment only, generally within the following hours (other arrangements on a case-by-case basis):
Tuesdays 9-11 am
Thursdays 2-4 pm
When making your reservation, please note your desired appointment time and wait for an email or phone response to confirm. If you would like the tool(s) shipped, please indicate the shipping address when making your reservation, and allow extra time for us to process the shipment.
Appropriate masks covering nose and mouth are required. Entry to the Pacific Tower is from the south side of the building; exit is to the north side of the building. There are several free 30-min. parking spaces near the south entrance of the building. (Note: parking time limits are heavily enforced.)
We are taking care to sanitize tool surfaces before and after use. We appreciate your efforts to do the same before returning tools you have borrowed. Additionally, tools will be quarantined for at least 3 days between loans. Our on-site library staff resources are currently limited. Please help us by being patient with the extra time it may take to process tool loans.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.