Remote Learning Calendar
This calendar is intended to serve as a resource for those interested in remote learning events related to commercial energy and facilities management. Submit your event. All submissions moderated by SBC.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Codes & Standards
August 25, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PDTFree
There can be a dizzying array of influences on any lighting project. Beyond design and budget constraints, there are a wide range of codes and standards that will affect the ultimate selection of lighting fixtures and controls.
This class will look not only at current Energy Codes, but will see how LEED, Well Building, NFPA, IES and others, all influence the lighting design process. When understood and used creatively these codes and standards can provide a framework toward an energy efficient and sustainable design.
At the end of the class, participants will:
- Identify the major aspects of Energy Code Lighting Power Allowances.
- Know the key differences between interior and exterior spaces.
- Identify the primary sections of the Energy Code Controls Requirements.
- Understand the Additional Energy Code Options.
- See how other Codes, Standards, and Recommendations fit into a comprehensive design process.
The Remote Learning Calendar is sponsored by Puget Sound Energy.
If you’re a Puget Sound Energy Commercial Strategic Energy Management customer, check with your PSE Energy Management Engineer for discounted rates to Building Operator Certification events.