Closing: 8/3/2021 4:00 PM Pacific
The Office of Sustainability & Environment (OSE) develops and implements citywide environmental policies and programs that propel our city toward a sustainable, equitable, and carbon neutral future. OSE prioritizes racial equity and environmental justice when considering and implementing climate policy.
The Office of Sustainability & Environment is seeking applications for the job of Building Technical Compliance Lead. In this job, you will serve as the point person for commercial building energy efficiency regulation under SMC 22.930, which includes providing building operations and maintenance technical assistance, code interpretation, and review of building tune-up submittals to confirm compliance with Seattle law. You will report to the Energy Benchmarking and Tune-Ups Program Manager and focus on the following areas:
- Operating the Building Tune-Ups help desk
- Implementing building energy policies and programs
- Providing technical review of building energy benchmarking reports and tune-up alternative compliance and report submissions
- Leading updates to the Director’s Rules and working with the Program Manager to propose ordinance changes to enhance policy effectiveness
- Developing curriculum and providing training for building engineers and energy efficiency professionals
- Creating articles and publishing a quarterly e-newsletter
- Using the Seattle Race and Social Equity Index to identify and proactively communicate with owners of facilities in priority areas that need support in order to comply with regulations
View the full job description and application requirements here.