At the Smart Buildings Center (SBC) we connect the building industry through hosting and participating in events and providing demonstrations throughout our space and in the real world.
Smart Buildings Exchange (SBX) – Aug 22-24, 2022
Throughout the built environment, new technologies are connecting building systems and occupants in ways that generate new and exciting opportunities. From enabling buildings to perform for occupants and owners in previously unimaginable ways, to leveraging buildings to accelerate smart cities and the clean energy transition for a cleaner and healthier planet, the opportunities are countless and inspiring. The Smart Buildings Exchange brings together the key audiences to challenge the hype, bear witness to the innovation, and explore the business case for accelerating the adoption and commercialization of smart buildings technologies and practices.
Smart Buildings Week – Sept 14-17, 2020
In place of the planned in-person Smart Buildings Exchange 2020 event, we hosted a free Virtual Smart Buildings Week September 14th-17th, 2020. Each day during the lunch hour, a virtual session crafted from key topics and speaker commitments for our planned in-person event featured a lively and interactive panel discussion.
These one-hour sessions each qualify for 1 Building Operator Certification (BOC) credential maintenance point and 0.10 IACET CEUs towards the renewal of industry certifications, certificates and licenses including but not limited to AIA, PE, LEED, IFMA, ASHRAE, and AEE.
‘Why Smart Buildings?’ Executive Forum Series
The ‘Why Smart Buildings?’ Executive Forum series highlights real world examples of smart buildings technology applications and practices and explores how they improve building performance, increase tenant and occupant productivity, enhance security, and provide sustained operational cost savings. Forums featured in the series include:
- Building Electrification & Grid-Interactive Efficient Buildings (February 17th & 24th, 2022)
- Navigating the New World, How the COVID-19 Crisis Has Strengthened the Case for Smart Buildings Practices and Technologies (June 11, 2020)
- Creating a Compelling Business Case (September 17, 2019)
- Leveraging Smart Technology for Building Performance (June 18, 2019)
- Deciphering Hype from Reality (August 24, 2018)
- Bringing the Edge to the PNW – Envisioning Smart with Erik Ubels (June 7, 2018)